Sunday, January 31, 2010

Random Mumbling

Why is it we have a greater appreciation for things we can't have?

Mark has worked so hard to finish our basement since we moved here, and we should be done in the next few weeks. YAY!!!! We just need more space. My girls are sharing a room and I'm afraid they might hurt each other before they are separated. They need their own space. Well, we hired someone to come in a mud and tape the sheetrock. My washer and dryer is in the basement and the workers have unhooked them. We haven't done laundry since Monday night and I really miss it. My house feels like it threw up dirty clothes everywhere. I really don't like doing laundry but there comes a point when I need to and today has past that point. Hopefully the workers will come tomorrow so hopefully in a few days I can spend the day (or more)reconnecting with the two machines I share a love/hate relationship with.

Also Mark left this week for California for the next three weeks. I hate, hate, hate when he leaves. You would think that I would get used to it but I never do. I miss him tons but three weeks is way better than a year and I am truly grateful for that. He is such a great husband and daddy. I know I can call him whenever I want to or whenever the kids want to talk to him but still he's not here.

Anyway side note: update on a few things. I went skiing yesterday for the first time. I can't move today. I am so sore. Advil and I have become best friends. I have to realize I'm not 21 anymore. And, Kylie only tore a tendon in her ankle, so she is on the mend. No more cast but no more tumbling for a few more weeks. We were so relieved to know that it wasn't the growth plate.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

It is amazing how when you go through a year or 18 month deployment, you can find something positive in your husband being gone for 3 weeks. I am so with ya... hate it when they leave! It makes you realize why God gave us the proclamation on the family. Husband and wives need to be together, then everything else falls into place.
Miss ya...hurry and come see me.

Debra said...

congrats on having the basement almost done! We are just beginning the process...not fun! We're doing it it phases and I'm so excited to have some more room. Really wish we could have seen you on your UT visits. Aaron and I really want to go to Glacier this spring/summer. We'll keep you posted if it happens! Post pictures of the basement or email me some, We need ideas!!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

If you have to live in the snow, you may as well learn to enjoy it, right? way to go!
kelli

Nicky said...

the throwing up dirty clothes comment was hilarious! I am so relating today, only we have literally been throwing up all over our clothes. Today is Sunday...day of rest. However, laundry is a must today, unless we want to wear puked on clothes :(
Thank Heavens for laundry machines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!