Kylie informed us about 2 weeks ago that she has never built a snowman. "WHAT, are you kidding me?!!!!" She is almost 6, why hasn't she built a snow man yet? I thought all of our kids have particiapted in this great activity, but I guess not. So Mark took her outside that afternoon and they built a snowman. She thought it was the best day ever.
Next Dylan's friends mom stopped me in the school parking lot and asked me what time the boy's party was that night. I had no idea what she was talking about and felt about as big as a rock. I should know what my kids have planned, most moms do. I went home and talked to Dylan. He informed me that he had asked if it was ok, told me his plans, what he needed to bring and who was going to be there. Where have I been? I don't remember any of it until he reminds me of our conversations. Ok so I obviously did know and didn't remember. I guess I need to pay more attention.
Then Kylie had tumbling class on Thursday night and comes to me crying, "I sprained my ankle and it hurts really bad." Well, she is drama beyond belief. Every little scratch or owie needs the most careful attention or she is going to die. So I rub her ankle, give her a kiss and send her on her way to finish class. She hobbles around all night but I didn't think any more of it. Mark and I were in the basement and when we came upstairs she's sitting in a chair with a golf ball size ankle. We took her to urgent care and she now is sporting a very beautiful cast. They think it might be a torn growth plate but won't know for sure until the swelling is down in a few weeks. But she earned the good listening award in class so that counts for something doesn't it.

3 comments:
I love this post more than anything in the entire world.
Tell Kylie that Mia has been begging to build a snowman too, and says "but you always say no"
I love it, love it, love it! We moms are all mean failures...haven't your kids told you that yet? Actually, when they tell me how mean I am...I take it as a compliment. That means I'm doing SOMETHING right!
I am smiling right now - simply because I have been there too and am so glad that you have also earned that coveted award! Hope all is well with Kylie!
Post a Comment