So yesterday we went to pick up the girls from school and Mark's buddy stopped us and asked us where we were moving. We told him we hadn't heard yet. He told us they were just posted. We were so excited, but nervous. We picked up the girls and rushed home.
FT. LEWIS WASHINGTON
FT. LEWIS WASHINGTON
We were so bummed. We wanted Des Moines, or Helena. We actually both felt sick to our stomachs. Ft. Lewis is about 1 hour south of Seattle. Mark immediately e-mailed his career manager to find out what was going on. And as the night went on we felt more comfortable with Washington. Dylan is so excited, he has a friend from school going to the same place.
Anyway....this morning Mark gets a call from his career manager asking about his request to change. We asked about Des Moines and there is a hiring freeze for that position, the Helena position is taken by a soldier from Great Falls who is double slotted so that is out too.
So now our options are: Belton, MO (Kansas City), LA, California, Hew Haven, CT, another position in Seattle, and Germany. We are torn. There are so many variables in play so we have no idea what this afternoon will bring. I think Germany would be a once in a lifetime chance but it is so far from home. It sounds very fun though. I don't want to go to LA or CT. Wish us luck!!!! We will let you all know when we find out :)

6 comments:
Oh bummer!! we're really sad too!! BUT - Washington is SO beautiful!! But if you went to the midwest we'd be more likely to see you :) we'll be sure to find you every summer!
....and DON'T end up in LA. Sean says that Fort Lewis is beautiful and I'd be pretty tempted by Germany, personally
Seattle is only a one day drive, instead of 3-4. So I don't think Seattle is such a bad place to be. Germany however...no driving to there! It would be a great experience to live overseas - but we would miss you too much. So I have made the decision for you - you CAN'T go to Germany!
Germany?
I miss you juys enough all ready. Altho we were talking about and said that we might com and see you there.
Who knows?
Miss you all a TUN.
Megan
Oh Girl I have just been reading all you recent posts and How I miss you all. I hope that you find out where soon. Also about the Hawaii thing I want to go too. It doesn't look like the job on Maui we might of taken will happen at the right time for us and I still want to go. I bet if Mark had some hiking buddies he might go so he could hike a real volcano, but maybe you don't want him too. Call me soon cuz I really miss ya.
just a clarification, I'm sure you want Mark to go to Hawaii but maybe not hike a live volcano.
Post a Comment